Những cụm từ dễ gây nhầm lẫn trong đề thi TOEIC

1. BESIDE / BESIDES

– Beside: giới từ, mang nghĩa bên cạnh, = ‘’next to’’, ‘’at the side of’’
Examples:
  • I sit beside John in class.
  • Could you get me that book? It’s beside the lamp.
– Besides: (adverb) meaning ‘’also’’, ‘’as well’’
: (preposition) meaning ‘’in addition to’’
Examples:
  • (adverb) He’s responsible for sales, and a lot more besides.
  • (preposition) Besides tennis, I play soccer and basketball.

2. CLOTHES / CLOTHS
– Clothes (số nhiều) quần áo chúng ta mặc nói chung
Examples:
  • Just a moment, let me change my clothes.
  • Tommy, get your clothes on!
– Cloth: vải vóc nói chung (không đếm được)
– Cloth (số nhiều là cloths): miếng vải, tấm vải, thường dùng để lau hay làm khăn trải bàn…
Examples:
  • There are some cloths in the closet. Use those to clean the kitchen.
  • I have a few pieces of cloth that I use.
– clothing (không đếm được): nói đến một loại quần áo đặc biệt, cụ thể nào đó
Examples:
  • Protective clothing
3. DEAD / DIED
– Dead: adjective meaning ‘’not alive’’, chết
Examples:
  • Unfortunately, our dog has been dead for a few months.
  • Don’t touch that bird. It’s dead.
– Died: past tense and past participle of the verb ‘’to die’’, thì quá khứ và phân từ hai của động từ “die”
Examples:
  • His grandfather died two years ago.
  • A number of people have died in the accident.
4. EXPERIENCE / EXPERIMENT
– Experience (đếm được): kỷ niệm
– experience (ko đếm được): kinh nghiệm
Examples:
  • (first meaning)His experiences in Germany were rather depressing.
  • (second meaning) I’m afraid I don’t have much sales experience.
– Experiment: thí nghiệm, thử nghiệm
Examples:
  • They did a number of experiments last week.
  • Don’t worry it’s just an experiment. I’m not going to keep my beard.
Có thể bạn quan tâm:
luyen thi toeic
on thi TOEIC
ôn thi toeic

Đăng nhận xét

Mới hơn Cũ hơn

Biểu mẫu liên hệ